Saturday, July 5, 2014

I'm Back

whoops I forgot to publish this. This is from about three weeks ago.

Hello. Just wanted to let you all know that I haven't gone off the grid or something. I've been a little busy with school and haven't had a whole lot of time to go riding. It's really disappointing. But school's ended and I'm gunna have so much fun with my horses this summer. You should see those adorable little fillies. They are three now and have grown so much. I rode today which was really fun. We are working on circles, perfecting turning, perfecting stopping, and neck reigning. Tip for you all. Start teaching a young horse how to neck reign right away. It will make your life so much easier. Now I have to teach them an entirely different way of responding to the bit. But they are getting better. We discovered today that the fillies don't know how to do free longeing. Which is really weird. They always turn away instead of turning towards us.
Aleythia rode Misstack today. She wanted to try cantering with Misstack to see if she could fix her position on a horse that loves to canter.
What really stinks though is that we are leaving for Tennessee this Sunday. I'm really excited to go, but I don't want to not be riding for the two weeks that we'll be gone.
Gotta go. I'll write later.

No comments:

Post a Comment