Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Story Time! Tell me about it

A few days ago I was riding Misstack out in the alfalfa field and she was just really exited to be out. Every time I asked her to canter she would start bucking a little. It had been extremely muddy and they had been kept in the barn most of the time. But I thought that riding in the alfalfa field were there was grass would have a little more footing. Yes and no. I trotted almost the whole time I was riding because otherwise she would have slipped. Well my sister was riding Ana and they went inside so I tried to get Misstack to walk calmly back to the barn. We were just about to get out of the alfalfa field when she decided she wanted to go faster. I made her circle until she stopped going so fast and she slipped. I grabbed hold of the saddle horn and she fell onto her haunches. I fell off the saddle onto her haunches. So I was pretty much on sideways gripping the saddle horn in my right hand in the reigns in my left hand. While she quickly regained her footing I pulled myself back into the saddle and regained my position. There was an older dude cleaning out his dog's pen not 20 feet away and he didn't even look up. I was like "I pull a stunt like that and you don't even notice? Come on!"

No comments:

Post a Comment