Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Bareback and bridleless

I rode Misstack and Ana yesterday. With Misstack I rode her over the tarp, the fence, and the tires. I didn't do the plastic bag, because by the time I got her to go over the tarp and fence consistently, we were riding for two hours. I got Misstack to always face the tarp. She could back up and stand still. I would ask her to go forward, and as long as she went forward I didn't care how far she went. I tried getting her to go over it, but all I could get was her to stand next to it, so I got off and led her across. Then I got on when she was going across good, and we did the tarp again. She did it this time. Then we went to the fence. This took a lot less time. After maybe ten minutes she was walking over it. We opened fences too.

I walked out to the alfalfa field and sat against the fence by the horses. Ana came up to me for my apple but I kicked her out of my space. My apple. When I was done I threw it to Misstack. Then Santana came and said hello, and he hung out by me for a little bit.
The horses moved to another part of the alfalfa field and I followed. I was standing next to the herd and Ana came up to me all happy faced and I entertained the idea of getting on. The most prominent thing in my mind was that two years ago, Aleythia got on her and she started cantering off, but I was like, why not? So I swung up on her indian style. She immediatley put her ears back, but she didn't move. She wanted to eat, but I wanted to see what would happen if I asked her to go. So I asked her to go forward, and she tried to bite my foot. She got kicked in the nose for that, and every other time she tried that. I got her to walk by kicking her. That's different, usually she's really sensitive. All we did was walk around the herd, and I made every direction she chose, my idea with leg pressure. I was able to stop her too. I did this twice, and the last time, I got off. It was so cool! I've said it before. Ana is the most calm with the least amout of tack... Crazy horse. (sigh)

No comments:

Post a Comment