Thursday, December 12, 2013

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

I almost like riding in the winter... when it's not zero degrees.
I rode Misstack today. We had fun. I think she was just happy to be out and doing something. I tried riding her in an English saddle, and working on my two-point. One problem. It was a saddle seat, saddle. Which is completely flat and is designed to push the rider farther back into a chair seat position, and give the horse free range of his shoulders. Doing two-point is extremely difficult because there is nothing to even brace yourself against. A jumping saddle at least has a knee roll or whatever you call it. There is absolutely nothing. to. brace. against. For my purposes I shortened the stirrups. That helped. Hey, maybe I'll get even better balance because I'll have nothing to help me. I can do six steps of her trot in two-point before I lose my balance. Yay! Actually that's pathetic... I'm working on it.
Misstack had quite the lively trot going there too. I loved it! I tried to sit her trot too.... Let's just say it needs work. Lots of work.
I'll try to go riding tomorrow. And hopefully I'll have enough time to work with all of my horses. It'll be Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment