Saturday, December 7, 2013

Winter Woes

If you're wondering about Coffie scroll down a little bit.
Not a whole lot is going on right now. We're teaching the fillies neck reining, and that's about all were focusing on right now. Wait. We are also working on getting them to go over random things. Nothing too complicated. Toffy needs the most work in that area. We're thinking that over the winter, if we are looking for something to do we'll train them further in driving. I might start doing a little work on the correct way to go around a barrel over the winter too. Though I might want them to be a little more adept at moving their hindquarters and shoulders before I do that.
It's been really cold. And we don't even have snow. Zero degrees, feels like negative eleven. If it was more mid winter, that wouldn't bother me so much, but it's still not real fun riding in that weather. The horses are getting an extended break. Though it bugs me to be inside all day. It is so boring.
I went and saw Burn'em this last week too. That filly I'm going to be training. She has a much better attitude than when I last saw her. She ran from me with the halter, but didn't start backing up when I put it on. I did a little lesson on lungeing which she is surprisingly good at. My fillies were all over the place. Not her. I also taught the girl I was with how to lunge. She'd never done it before.
They are thinking about also having me train their four year old. Not exactly sure what needs to be done with him. He apparently doesn't like people... and is afraid of brushes. I think they want him trained in barrel racing. We'll see how this all works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment