Monday, May 7, 2012

Bucked Off and Glad of it

I was riding Misstack on a trail ride with my sister on Ana, and it was my first trail ride with Misstack. She has gone on  a trail ride one other time and she came back with a big cut in her front leg and a circle shaped cut on her rump. Her rider got a broken wrist. Once we figured out that I should ride Misstack and not Ana the trail ride got underway. Misstack still wasn't all that keen on going anywhere. When we got to a fairly open spot my sister did ground work with Ana and I did circles with Misstack. If she wanted to go one way, I told her to go the other way. Eventually I got it so that the bushes she wouldn't go through not half an hour before became just bushes and not scary evil green creatures trying to kill her. And then on the way back she was trying to keep up with Ana who was cantering a weaving pattern between the trees and I didn't want her too. So she got really excited and started bucking while cantering. And ya know how it's almost impossible for them to buck if they're going fast enough, well she doesn't have a problem with that. She basically jumps into the air while cantering and then bucks while all four feet are in the air. You're on the ground before you know what's happening. I succeeded in staying on her first one, but her second I didn't have that good a seat so I was ended up on my back on the ground. But in some aspects I am glad she bucked. I figured out what circumstances make her buck. Because I know that, I can figure out a way to fix it. So this week we are going to take Misstack and Ana out to a couple fields and run em, to see if I can fix the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment