Monday, May 14, 2012

Running the Horses

A few days ago my sister and I trail rode Misstack and Ana out to a field that we had permission to use. When we got there we started running the horses. When the horses stepped in that black dirt the dirt came up to their ankles. That was actually pretty handy because Misstack couldn't buck because the dirt was so loose that she always had to keep her feet under her. My sister was saying how when Ana trotted it felt like she was gliding, and how her canter was really easy to ride (it normally isn't). The initial reason for doing this was to try to fix Misstack's problem of bucking when she cantered in a new place. I think it worked. Last Saturday my sister and I went trail riding again and we cantered beside the road outside of town. Misstack didn't even think about bucking. Not too long ago Misstack wouldn't even go up the driveway, now, with only three trail rides, she's a better trail horse than Ana, who is really hyper and has been doing it since last summer, but doesn't shy at a lot of stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment