Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Happily Over

Well, the fair is over. It was fun though! Santana and I placed in everything we did. No firsts and no fourths, but second, third, and fifth... yes. I can't even remember what placing went with what show. I do have videos of every run and I'll put those up with different posts, but here's one.
While I was standing next to the fence in the arena after a run, a guy came up to me and said to me "The real question is why do you hang onto his mane instead of the saddle horn?" and I was like "I do?" And then I said I would have to look at the videos Aleythia took. I looked at it and sure enough right before I told Santana to run I switched my hand from the saddle horn to his mane. I hadn't even realized I did it.

Misstack and Blacky showed too. We decided that we would no longer do jumping figure eight with Blacky because her arthritis is so bad. Misstack was doing a little better Sunday, she did canter through some of the pattern.



Filly Update

They are all doing quite well. And, I layed over Frosty. She was pretty good. She did get scared a bit when I was moving around and tried running away, but she was really good! Yesterday, I took out a saddle blanket and got Coffie desensitized to it. She was scared of it for the first little bit, but I can now rub her with it anywhere and she will completely ignore it. Dash is getting a little bit lazy. She was good at leading, but yesterday she refused to lead. So, I remedied her leading problem by lungeing her a bit. I had her walk in a circle around me without stopping and then I did some trotting. Aleythia reviewed laying on Frosty's back.

No comments:

Post a Comment