Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Ups, Downs, and All Around


Sunday was pretty sweet. I lost my stirrups and thus losing my balance, knocked a pole down, won fifth place, lost control, and fell off. It was a pretty good day.
This is of me doing jumping figure eight with Santana. I kept losing my stirrups and we were gunna use  rubber bands to help me keep the stirrups but we forgot. Another problem was that I haven't cantered him in this pattern before, just trotted (I couldn't get him to canter). The reason I fell of was because I didn't decide right away which direction we were gunna go so Santana decided for me and then I decided... so, he went one way and I went the other. After I fell off I got up and Santana spooks a little and you've got to turn the volume up because a lady next to Aleythia talks to Santana all the way across the arena. You'll have to listen really carefully, it's kinda quiet. She says, "It's okay horsy, it's okay, she's not mad." The one thing I liked though was that he turned towards me after I fell off. I've seen a lot of horses run after unseating a rider.


I knocked in poles because I also lost my stirrup when he turned the last pole, and was hanging on for dear life so I wasn't guiding him through the poles, so he finished the pattern up by himself and we knocked over a pole, but I did manage to stay on. If I hadn't lost my stirrup I would have won first place by a hundredth of a second. I got fifth place in barrels, and my dad said that it looked really good.

pictures!

I'm so fast I'm bluring
I hate my position
He's standing still!
The Beginning
Here we Go!

This video is with Misstack. She was just really spooky. We think that the reason she didn't want to go over the jump was because of the poles. Goal this coming winter and summer for Misstack... get her majorly desensitized, transitions, and bending at the poll.

No comments:

Post a Comment