Saturday, August 10, 2013

Fair, oh, Fair

Fair is next week! I wish the fillies were a little bit further along so that they could be doing barrels, but that's okay. I'm just gunna roll with whatever they give me, and can do. I really want to do a trail class with them. But so far it looks like we'll be doing a halter class, a walk/trot pleasure class, 2 year old snaffle class, and a trail class if we can manage it.
The fillies are getting quite good at going were we tell them. Walk, trot, and canter. You would not believe Toffie's sliding stop. Gosh it's beautiful. I'll be cantering and I'll breathe out, sink into my seat, and pull lightly on the reins. She just sits right down, like nobody's business. It's not like I taught her to do that. One day I just wanted to see how fast she could slow down, and that was the result. I love it! Oh I know an exercise that will give your horse confidence, improve your balance, focuses on keeping a constant speed, and will teach your horse that going towards the gate will gain him nothing. I'll put it on my other blog. (Here's the Link) Not my idea, but it definitely works.
Besides working with the horses on the same stuff we've been working on, we gave Dash and Coffie a bath. It rained a little while ago, and it rained today, but anywho, they went rolling. Baths were definitely needed.
And we have a horse show to go to tomorrow. It'll be fun! I get to ride Santana!

No comments:

Post a Comment