Saturday, August 31, 2013

Splendid, Brilliant, or Both!

It's been a lot of fun with the horses. I've given Santana and Misstack almost two weeks off. The second week was an accident. It got really hot. The above picture is one of the pictures taken from my friend.
Right now, with the fillies, we are focusing on getting them to neck-rein. Another main one is getting them to do scary things while we're riding. They have no problem going over or next to something when we're on the ground. In the saddle is a different matter entirely. We'll also get them to get used to scary noises and random objects.
I was talking to a fellow horse friend, and I told her how we can't get the fillies to canter a circle. She suggested that you do it on a lunge line, with a rider. I'm thinking that if you do that for a couple minutes every day, they will get the muscle to do that, learn how to balance themselves and a rider, and you'll eventually be able to do it without someone on the ground. Brilliant!
My long lost sister is home from Tennessee! We have grand parents over there. She brought the camera too! Yay! Aleythia and I rode the fillies bareback yesterday. Just slid the halter on, tied the lead rope on opposite sides of the halter, and hopped on. Indian style no less. We have now cantered all the fillies bareback. Tis a monumental occasion.
I am very proud of Dash. We were able to open and close every gate we had to go through without me getting off. Splendid!!!
 Aleythia

 Lydia ... me

No comments:

Post a Comment