Thursday, October 18, 2012

Ya know what, I think I have a new perspective of Misstack. A few days ago I went on another little trail ride. We went up the drive and went to the left instead of the right. I got her to go across the road, and around a drain pipe in the ditch. Went through someone's yard and behind the church right across the street. We passed a playground and walked over the white spray paint (for playing football) and walked to the corn field behind the church. I was able to get her to step down into that black dirt and we walked around in the cornfield. We got out of the cornfield and went between a little hill and storage shed. She went through... Then we went back out into the cornfield to tree in the field, walked her through the tall grass, got off on the other side, gave her the apple, loosened her cinch and we stood there. After that I led her home. When we passed the playground we stood by it and then I tried to get her to walk through the sand box. This sand box is connected to the playground, has posts on the four corners about 3 feet apart on the shortest side, four on the longest, and wooden planks going around the sand box about six inches high. The first time she reared away a little bit, but I didn't do anything and looked at her like what's your problem? I stepped into the box, she put a foot in, we waited a little bit, then I urged her to go further and she walked through. I can now officially x off trail horse off my goals for her. She has improved drastically since the first time I rode her out alone, and she trusts me more. I also think she's starting to enjoy it more.
 
Her coat is getting really dark. It's almost black

  Misstack on our trail ride with H

 
 
We took the fillies home Saturday. Had a little trouble loading Frosty, but the others went in just fine. We put the fillies in the paddock and locked the other horses out. When the horses saw the fillies they ran into the little back pen and started going crazy. Misstack was squealing, strudder was kicking, and they all wanted to say hello to the fillies, afterwhich they would chase them around and establish the hiearchy. On Sunday Terry put them together and he says that they got along pretty well. He said Strudder was the worst, but when the fillies were in danger of getting boxed into a corner Terry would yell at the big horses and they would nock it off.
Toffy

Frosty

Santana

We put rubber bands into the fillie's hair to train it to one side tuesday. It actually looks kinda cool. We were comparing wich one was the biggest and which was the smallest too. Frosty is the smallest. She is way smaller than the other three. Then it's Dash. Dash is the most compact out of the four. The others are longer than she is. Were not quite sure who's bigger, but we think Coffie is maybe a little bit smaller than Toffy. Toffy is a big girl. 
Frosty
 
The two duns look like mini versions of santana. It's kinda funny. We walk down Terry's driveway and there's Santana standing next to the water... Oh wait, that's Toffy.
 
I rode Santana on Tuesday too. I worked on him responding to the bit better. I also worked on getting him to stop without a whoa or a pull on the reins. He is actually really good at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment