Monday, November 12, 2012

It Had to Come Sometime

"Aw the water's frozen in the bucket!"
This is what greeted me when I stepped outside today, along with the wind.
And no joke I'm pretty sure our five gallon bucket of water that sits underneath the gutter now has a two inch layer of ice on it.
Two hours later, I'm working with one of the fillies and my toes feel like they'll never regain their feeling. I even put on a double layer of socks!
Lucky for us if we just rearrange a couple things, and pull the flat trailer out of the barn we have just enough room to do longing. We even had enough room to get the fillies to canter!
I did it with Frosty and Toffy, and ya know what? Frosty was awesome and Toffy was... well, not.... Frosty went into the canter pretty easily. And that was all that I wanted. Just to get her cantering.
What was really fun was watching Frosty trot. For most of the time she had very little pressure on the halter. When she did reach the end of the rope she tried to fix it. She would bend her head to the inside. And I can honestly say that that is the result of flexing. It doesn't hinder your horse's ability to turn, it just makes them more willing to get off that pressure. So because she was so light I got her to canter.
And because I was a sissy and not quite ready for the cold I went inside to warm up and didn't work with Misstack or Santana.

Sunday we went over to HM's again. Yay! I rode her two other horses Ollie and Tea. And it's funny because all three of her horses have a different way of going. And I am so glad she has an indoor arena. It makes riding possible even in the worst of weather. It was not particularly nice weather on Sunday.
And we had in-gathering at my church. It's like a potluck with pies. Everybody brings a pie and everyone eats pie. We have a service before that, it was mostly music and people stood up and talked about what God has been doing in their lives in the past year. Aleythia, me, and one of my other sisters, played for it. two violins and a cello. And it didn't sound too bad. After we had gotten a piece of pie we went back and started to play, and the pastor's youngest daughter came up to my sister and asked if she could play the cello. So this six year old little girl sat on my sister's knee and drew the bow across the strings while my sister made the different notes. It was soo cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment