Tuesday, June 4, 2013

I'm kinda really glad I at least have some room to work inside the barn on crappy days.
It was raining, so I worked with the fillies in the front part of the barn.
Before I got there Terry's grandson was working with them on leading. Like in a halter class. Dash is really good at it. Every time she stops she squares her feet.
On account of the rain we didn't use Santana as a lead horse. I did trot Frosty anyway. Somehow she learned that she could get more comfortable by just stopping. Which, I must say, is very nice. It means she doesn't get to the bucking part as easily.
With the other three I got on bareback, and Terry led them. After that I put a saddle on, longed all of them but Toffy, got on and Terry led them around again. I longed Dash and Coffie, because I'm still not sure they are totally okay with the back cinch.
Dash is now quite fine with someone getting on bareback. Heck we can even get on from a bucket. That did take a little bit more work though.
We've decided to take Frosty and Dash to the fair. Terry's grandsons will do halter classes with them, and Aleythia and I will do the riding.
Terry wants to go to a Sunday show and take Misstack, Santana, and two fillies. He'll see what Britney is doing and see if she wants to ride Misstack, and Terry's grandson will ride Santana. The fillies are just there for the experience. If either of those two don't show up I'll ride their horse. I really do want to ride Misstack in a show. Terry says that taking the fillies won't be a problem because they tie so well. They don't worry about being left alone.
Ya know I think the reason Misstack doesn't trust me is because I'm very inconsistent with her. I ride her when I feel like it. The fillies are all gung ho about anything we ask them to do. Every time I see them I ride, or at least most of the time I ride. With Misstack it depends on how much gumption I have. I really need to ride her. Maybe the Sunday shows will give me a little incentive to do so.
Why do they have to have shows on Sunday? That is a very inconvenient day. Some of us have Church to go to! Why can't they put it on Saturday? Nobody does anything Saturday anyway. Lest not in the Summer anyhow.

No comments:

Post a Comment