Monday, June 17, 2013

It's Begun!!!!

It's Begun! I've actually had quite a bit of excitement with riding those fillies. We've started cantering! Just with two of them. I'm just sorry I won't be able to see it to completion. I'm going to Haiti. Just for a week. I'll still miss a lot.
I did get to start it though! And who knows maybe it won't be completely be finished in one week's time. But,..
I cantered Dash and Coffie.
Rundown of that.
Dash I was walking around she was really low key. Just lazy. Then Terry goes, "Take her to the far end of the arena and canter back."
Okay!
So I take her down there, and we trot back. About halfway back I ask her to canter. She does for about two strides and then promptly breaks into bucking. She's bucking and I'm starting to fall. It's weird how fast your brain can process things in times of stress. People describe it like the world slows, but really, your brain speeds up. So as she's bucking and I'm loosing it my brain goes like this. -she's slowing down-if you let go of the reins and grab on for dear life-maybe you won't fall off-
That thought took less than a second and I did it. I dropped the reins, and grabbed for the saddle... I'm hanging off of her side and she stops. I got the impression that she was like what the heck are you doing. I pulled myself back up and off we went.
We trotted around a little more and I made sure she wasn't freaked out. Then we tried it again. I asked her to trot, and halfway back I asked for a canter. She complied. She broke into a beautiful little canter for about three strides, and then trotted into the barn. I was like ya I'll take that, and put her away.
Coffie was brilliant. So I got on and we trotted around, and we were trotting through some dirt that was a little softer than the rest of the paddock, and in an attempt to make it easier she started cantering. Not for very long. Barely a stride, but she did it!
After that I was rounding a turn trotting, heading back towards the barn. I could tell she wanted to go faster, so I asked her too. She did! We cantered straight towards the barn, and hopped right on up.
It was a very nice canter. We maybe covered twenty feet? It was brilliant!
Aleythia is back. I really can't wait to go to camp. It will be so fun to see everyone again!
Aleythia rode Frosty and Toffy.
All that happened Saturday.
Today I went to Terry's, but I left after an hour, because I decided that I should be doing something with my packing.
Aleythia said that she cantered Dash. Dash was totally fine with it.
That's about all I got from her.
Well, I will see ya in a little more than a week.
I'm not sure if Aleythia will blog or not. I told her she should. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment