Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Rollin, Rollin, Rollin

I feel like I'm on a roll. I haven't gotten bucked off and I have been riding consistently sense Friday of last week.
I rode Frosty and Coffie today.
Did trotting with Frosty. I feel like I should work on being able to trot for five minutes before I canter. Talking about cantering. The last time the farrier was in the area he said he would show us an easy way to get the fillies to canter.... but he was in a rush. He'll be in the area again this weekend. Terry's brother wanted to know when he would be in the area again so that he could do his horses so Terry called him, and I told Terry to tell him that he needed to show me how to get the fillies to canter. I'm really excited.
The farrier, Craig is his first name... I don't know his last name, is quite a character.
Coffie did pretty good. We just walked. Ya know I really don't know why I stayed off her for so long. It's not like she did anything wrong. I think it might have had something to do with her flinching when I rub the brush at a certain place on her back. She's not bad. I can't remember if I have ever ridden her with a back cinch before though.
I rode Misstack! Britney had ridden her this morning (I could tell because the saddle stirrups were changed) but I figured it wouldn't kill her to be ridden again. I didn't do too much. We worked on neck reining, one rein stops at the walk, trot, and canter, flexing at the poll, and backing up. I didn't spend to much time on any one of those things.
We have a Sunday show to go to! The horses were taking are; Misstack, Santana, Blacky, and Dash. It should prove entertaining.
Santana did well too. Mostly worked on neck reining in a snaffle. I'll have to put up how to teach that. Then I ponied Toffy with him. We trotted around, and I really wish Santana was better at neck reining in a snaffle so that I could hold onto her lead rope without interfering with my directions to Santana. Toffy did well. She kept up most of the time. I was going to pony Dash off of Santana too, but that didn't happen.
Terry went and longed her beforehand to see if she would freak out at the back cinch which she did. She wouldn't longe very well though. She was basically side passing  a circle. She was afraid of the string on the end of the whip. Silly horsey.

No comments:

Post a Comment